For Routine Questions and Concerns:

Please call 979-845-2132 or email us

For After-Hours Concerns:

For after-hours response, contact the Communications Center at 979-845-4311.


For emergencies, call 911.

Report a Safety Hazard:

Please contact Environmental Health and Safety at or call 979-845-2132 with the following information:

  • Location of concern (building and room number, parking lot/street location, etc.)
  • Short description of the concern

Safety concerns can also be reported in the Origami Portal. Follow these instructions to report a new incident, but select “Safety Concern” at the bottom of the page when asked what applies to the incident.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance, First Report of Injury:

The Texas A&M University System Workers' Compensation Insurance (WCI) Program was created by the State of Texas to provide reasonable and necessary medical coverage and disability payments to employees who sustain injuries or occupational diseases while in the course and scope of their employment. All employees whose names appear on the payroll of the University are covered under the program at no personal expense. This coverage includes student and wage employees.

  • Employee Responsibilities: Employees who suffer an injury or illness as a result of and in the course and scope of employment should immediately notify his/her supervisor. Failure to report the injury within 30 days of the occurrence (or manifestation of the occupational disease) may result in the denial of the claim. 
  • Employer Responsibilities: Department liaisons, supervisors, or designees are required to report any work-related injury or illness to Origami as soon as possible after the incident is reported or has been identified. First Reports of Injury must be submitted online through the Origami Portal. View instructions here.

Other employee and department responsibilities can be found online. Contact Employee Relations in the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness at or (979) 862-4027 for questions about Workers' Compensation Insurance. 

Report an Environmental Concern:

To report any environmental issues on campus, contact EHS at 979-845-2132 or the Communications Center at 979-845-4311. 

Maybe you see a strange ponding of water, a discolored area of grass around a transformer, oil/gasoline flowing directly into a waterway on campus, foaming at a waterway on campus, or an obvious fish kill. When you come across these type of issues, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) should be notified. 

Once you report a problem, someone from the Environmental Compliance group will talk with you about the details of your complaint. Please be prepared to tell us details about:

  • the nature of the problem
  • the location of the problem
  • when the problem occurred (date and time)
  • who or what may be the source of the problem
  • any information or evidence you may have—particularly eyewitness information, documents, or photographs.

EHS will investigate the cause, and remediate the situation if there is an issue that needs to be resolved. 

If the situation is an immediate threat to public health or the environment, we will respond immediately. Other complaints may take longer, but EHS takes every complaint seriously and investigates all concerns within our jurisdiction.

After we have received your complaint and any information or evidence you have, here are the usual steps we take:

  • Environmental Compliance will review the given information. They will call to discuss your complaint and any information or evidence you have if there are questions.
  • In most cases, an on-site investigation will be done to see if any environmental regulations have been violated.
  • If the investigation reveals a violation, we will take appropriate action to notify the proper authorities of the incident and what we are doing to remediate the incident.
  • If the investigation reveals no violation but needs attention we will initiate actions to resolving the situation and making improvements to prevent the incident from happening again.

Report a Student or Visitor Injury: 

Student or visitor injuries can be reported in the Origami portal when an incident occurs with a non-employee on University property. Follow these instructions to report a new incident, but select “Injured non-employee” at the bottom of the page when asked what applies to the incident.