The Respiratory Protection Program integrates exposure assessment, risk mitigation, and medical surveillance services to protect the occupational health and safety of TAMU employees and to comply with federal and state regulations.
How Do I
- How do I find out if I need a respirator?
- How do I get approval to wear a respirator?
- How do I know which Occupational Health Program I should be enrolled in?
- Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Annual Training Course. Upon completion of this course, employees should understand when respirators are necessary in the workplace, the key aspects of respirators, general respirator fit testing strategies, the benefits and limitations of wearing a PAPR, as well as the proper use, maintenance, and general troubleshooting strategies for a PAPR. For questions and/or assistance regarding this course, please contact the Biosafety Occupational Health Program at BOHP@tamu.edu or by calling (979) 845-6649.
- Quantitative Fit Testing and Respiratory Protection Training - Overview of the TAMU Respiratory Protection Program, including basic instruction on the use of respirators and hazard recognition. NOTE: This course is offered on an individual basis and only by appointment. For more information, call 979-845-2132.