Texas A&M University is committed to compliance with regulatory requirements when shipping hazardous materials. Environmental Health and Safety can provide training and/or assistance with material classification, packaging, markings, and paperwork for shipments of these materials.
How Do I
For questions about these courses, call 979-845-2132 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request hazardous materials shipping training.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping DOT 49CFR HMR
- DOT 49CFR HMR introduces and gives instruction in the use of the regulation, tables, preparation of documents, marking, labeling, and packing for HM transport.
- Hazardous Material Shipping - General Awareness Training
- General awareness/familiarization training is designed to provide familiarity with DOT and IATA regulatory requirements for shippers of hazardous materials/dangerous goods and to enable the employee to recognize and identify hazardous materials consistent with the hazard communication standards of the DOT/IATA regulations.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping - Function Specific Training
- Function Specific - Function Specific training introduces and provides guidance in identifying and preparing specific hazardous materials that are shipped routinely, as required by IATA and DOT regulations.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping - IATA DGR
- This course introduces and gives instruction in the use of the regulation, tables, preparation of documents, marking, labeling, and packing for HM air transport.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping - Infectious Substance - Training
- Introduces and provides guidance in identifying Infectious Substance in accordance with IATA and DOT regulations, instruction in preparation of shipment for air/ground transport.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping – Radioactive Materials (RAM)
- The RAM training introduces the relationship of activity, exposure, and isotopes required by the IATA and DOT regulations in the receiving and shipping of radioactive materials, to include the preparation of documentation, packaging, marking and labeling of RAM.