Environmental Health & Safety manages an asbestos program to ensure that construction, renovation, and demolition activities on Texas A&M property follow applicable state and federal guidelines regarding asbestos. EHS coordinates asbestos surveys at the request of Facilities Services/SSC and other university departments. EHS also employs individuals licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services as Asbestos Inspectors and Asbestos Management Planners to conduct the inspections.
Billing rates for FY19 are as follows:
Regular turnaround (report within 10 business days, unless otherwise notified of delay) - $50 per sample
Rush (report requested within 5 business days) - $95 per sample
Point count (as required) - $12 per sample
Survey and report only (no laboratory samples) - $75
How Do I
- How do I know if I need an asbestos survey?
- How do I request an asbestos survey?
- How do I know what materials contain asbestos?
- How can asbestos affect my health?
- How can I learn more about asbestos on campus?
- Asbestos Awareness - This online course provides an overview to workers who may be potentially exposed to asbestos while on the job.