- Are your feet hanging off the floor or not supported firmly?
- Do you feel your shoulders are being raised to use a keyboard or reach the armrest on your chair?
- Is your keyboard hanging off the edge of the desk?
- Do you have to raise or lower your neck to look at the computer screen?
- Do you have to twist in your chair to accomplish any task?
- Do you have to reach over your head or out and away from your body?
- If you answered yes to any or all of the above, your workstation might not be set up properly.
An improperly set up workstation can cause discomfort or aggravate an existing condition. You may try a self assessment of your workstation by following certain guidelines or you may contact the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Ergonomics Specialist to get your workstation evaluated.